3D Robot Vision with VMT® 3D
Contactless position recognition of workpieces and subassemblies in 3D space allowing control of handling units, assembly units and robots
The core of the system is a neuron network that can be trained by models of the characteristics to be recognised. The characteristics of the models may be, in addition to holes and edges, of any complexity and structure. This guarantees high flexibility.
By adding further appearance variants, the system achieves maximum recognition capability possible. Fluctuations in the environmental conditions and varying image backgrounds may therefore be gained control of by an easy optimization.
The unit is operated with a modern user interface that allows intuitive working. No knowledge of programming at all is required to operate the unit.
Since operation is being kept so simple, two days of training are usually sufficient to be able to operate the system.
Integrated into an automatic sequence VMT IS fulfills its task reliably. In case of irregularities, it is possible, with the aid of statistics and service tools, to analyze the source of the problem and remove the cause.
- Suitable for bare and cataphoretic varnished car bodies, as well as primed and finish-lacquered bodies
- Inspection, supervision, type identification and spray checking with one and the same system
- Simultaneous measuring of several objects with individually calculated object positions for higher processing accuracy
- Quickly trainable to identify the largest variety of characteristics, thus very adaptable to object modifications
- Generates correction data in relation to reference position
- Suitable also for difficult application conditions, such as changing background, etc.
- Reliable measuring, even if a camera fails or a characteristic is covered up
- Plausibility check for verification of measuring results and elimination of collisions
- Measuring of the relative position of components mounted on an object
- Automatic image storage, thus requiring little time for operation startup and optimization
- Gap-free logging of all system activities internally and of the interfaces to unit control and to the robot
- Cyclic measuring of tool geometry on the robot possible (Rob Check)
- Communication with multiple robots concurrently (standard protocols, all manufacturers)
- Protected procedures for simple camera calibration and readjustment, without further auxiliaries
- Optional offline teaching station for preparation of new and optimizing existing models