Robot position control VMT® RP
VMT RP makes it possible to position a robot gripper equipped with sensors in a defined position with respect to an object, for example, a chassis.
VMT RP evaluates the sensor signals recorded on the current object and corrects the robot position till the sensor measurement values once again conform to the values of the learning position on the reference object. The robot gripper then once again has the exactly identical relative position to the current object that it had at the time of setting up to the reference object.
- Absolute positioning (form and pierce),
- Relative positioning (gap/transition)
- Assembly tasks
- Parts removal Joining parts through online regulation of the robot
- Precise positioning
This system can be applied, e.g. for guiding stamping tongs for STFP plants.
The relative position between the workpiece and a robot gripper is continuously determined using a suitable sensor system. The sensor data are converted into a position correction value using a mathematical compensation procedure. A position controller continuously guides the robot gripper until the correct relative position is reached.
In most processing steps, an add-on piece or a tool must be positioned relative the workpiece. The constant relative reference point is crucial for successful processing.
The choice of detection points on the workpiece and the robust conversion of this information into a position correction of the tool are crucial for accurate positioning.
VMT BestFit Benefits
- Fast positioning through continuously measuring sensors
- Constant manufacturing quality, even for component ageing and temperature fluctuations
- Best possible manufacturing quality for shape tolerances
- Lower cycle times
- Simplest implementation
- Lower setting up, operation, and maintenance times
- Complete process control and documentation
- If necessary, dynamic following of a moving workpiece (optional).