Inspection of adhesive applications with VMT® ACS
The core of the system are specially developed methods of testing adhesive beadsand surfaces with rubber applications. Also, the system is able to check for weak-contrast bead applications.
Owing to the integrated position recognition and position tracking, the system ensures accurate position control of adhesive beads. This is possible even with the cameras overlapping and different camera resolutions.
The unit is operated with a modern user interface that allows intuitive working. No knowledge of programming at all is required to operate the unit.
Since operation is being kept so simple, two days of training are usually sufficient to be able to operate the system.
Setting up of the test areas is interactive with few movements of the mouse.
Integrated into an automatic sequence VMT ACS fulfills its task reliably. In case of irregularities, it is possible, with the aid of statistics and service tools, to analyze the source of the problem and remove the cause.
- Detection of interruptions, enlargements, contractions and positional faults
- Suitable for all irregularities and local defects on surfaces where adhesive beads are applied
- Contact-free and damage-free testing immediately after application allows 100% control of all workpieces
- Recognition of position for correction of tested areas when the workpiece is unsteady
- Caliberable metric identification of all measuring parameters, independent of camera resolution or focus direction
- Automatic image saving, thus requiring little time for operation startup, time optimization and error documenting
- High testing speed
- Saving of all individual results and test data for subsequent statistical evaluation
- Application possible with stationary and hand camera robots, as well as combination of both
- Multiple image presentation from multiple cameras
- Display of the defective spot
VMT Online Glue Bead Inspection
In the case of the VMT online glue bead inspection, a sensor unit attached to the hand of the robot or to the application tool passes over the workpiece in question. In doing so, the glue bead is continuously inspected during the process of glue application. In order to be resistant against reflections of the "wet" glue, external light impacts and changing surface properties, the inspection is performed by means of laser sensors. This makes it possible to also inspect "black glue against a black backdrop".
- Detection of interruptions, swellings and constrictions in glue beads
- Suitable for all glues and surfaces
- Non-contact and non-destructive inspection immediately after application of the glue enables an all-encompassing inspection of the workpiece (depending on the geometry of the workpiece)
- High inspection speed
- Storage of all individual results and test data for later statistical analysis
- No impact due to external light or changes in the surface properties
- Non-contrast detection through laser light section technology